Don King: 13 Quotes Without Any Trickeration



Some people claim that boxing promoter Don King has enriched the English language; others, that he has mangled it.

But he has said some entertaining things and invented some words.

And Don King does love America--he's said so many times publicly.

DBKP presents a baker's dozen of Don King quotes, a Don King video and three documented Don King coined words.

"I can't believe that having said what I said was interpreted as having been what I said when I said it, because I said it where I said it, when I said it, and who I said it to."

"Only in America."

"If a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump his behind every time he hopped."

"I can't believe what I said about myself. What I said in my own private conversations with myself to an ESPN producer are my business, and I had no business saying them to someone else."

"You don't get nothing from sleep but a dream."

"If you cast your bread upon the water and you have faith, you'll get back cash. If you don't have faith, you'll get soggy bread."


"America is the greatest country in the world-I love America. What I've accomplished could not have been done anywhere else."

"Everything, but the Lindbergh baby."
--on what the FBI was investigating him for.

"Martin Luther King took us to the mountain top: I want to take us to the bank."

"You sign an agreement, you make a contract, you live up to it. You never get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate. You got a right to say yay or nay."

"I'm one of the world's great survivors. I'll always survive because I've got the right combination of wit, grit and bullshit."

"Thank god for money."

“She's (Christy Martin) voluptuous and intoxicating no smear lipstick. Here's a woman who pounds it out and her lipstick don't smear. Revlon should jump on that like white on rice, you know what I mean? Max Factor, Elizabeth Arden.”


Don King in 2006 talking on CNN about President George W. Bush. Say what you will, Don King does not back down in his support of Bush.

The Don King Lexicon

attestation: "I am the living attestation of the American dream. I am the extolment of this great nation."

besmirchify: "Don't besmirchify me."

trickeration: "Don't try trickeration on me."

by Mondoreb
Sources:
* Don King Quotes
* Great Quote from Don King?
* Don King
* Don King
* Don King Quotes
* Don King
Image: don king

DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.
 
coompax-digital magazine