Soldier Wins Million Dollars in Lotto, Then Prepares for Third Tour in Iraq




Sometimes, karma's on crack.

Sgt. Wayne Leyde first completed two tours of duty in Iraq, then won $1 million on a scratch-and-win lottery ticket on Tuesday.

Now, he's ready for a third tour.

The lucky soldier, a 26-year-old Washington National Guard member, insists he's still going to volunteer to return to Iraq for his third tour of duty.

He also said that he won't spend any of the money until he returns from Iraq.

That Leyde even bought the ticket was a lucky break.
"I decided to walk into a local Zip Trip. I got a Coke and beef jerky and walked up to the counter and thought I'd pick up a few scratch tickets and try my luck. I was on my way out when the lady said, 'Do you have a lucky scratch coin?'

"I said 'no, you gave me a dime and nickel back.'"

"She said 'no, try this,'" handing Leyde a penny. "On my way home I started scratching tickets. They were losers. I'm thinking, boy, that lady didn't know what she was talking about."


The fact that Leyde hit the jackpot with the lotto doesn't make any difference on whether he returns to Iraq a third time or not.
"It was a commitment I made about three months ago. I'm going to stick to it," Leyde said about his decision.

The sergeant says rents have gone sky high where he and his parents live in the Mount Spokane area of Washington and that, for now, he's not going to spend any of the money.

"For right now, I'm going to hold off [spending] and let reality sink back to earth. This is a true blessing. I'm going to turn it around and see if I can bless other people with this," Leyde said.

Sometimes, the Good Guys win.

Or hit the lotto for $1 million.

by Mondoreb
image: ABC
Source: Lucky Soldier Wins $1 million in Lottery

Digg!

Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.
 
coompax-digital magazine