Bill Blackwood Memorial

William Henry Blackwood
25 MAY 1922-11 JANUARY 2008
"He loved to fly"
A celebration of Bills life was held at the California Center For The Arts in Escondido on 4 February2008. He was interred with full military honors at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetary, Point Loma, California 5 February2008.

"Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night."

"Grieve if you will,
But not for long upon my souls sweet flight."


"I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears."


"For with your love I was so blessed for all those many years."


There is no pain, I suffer not, the fear now all is gone.

"Put now these things out of your thoughts in
your memory I live on."



"Remember not my fight for breath,
Remember not the strife."



"Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life."


[Ed. NOTE: Last month, DBKP published the story of Bill Blackwood, a truly extraordinary man, "RIP Bill Blackwood: Inventor, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Aviator, American". That piece was mostly a biography of Blackwood. The following is of the memorial type. The thoughts expressed could well apply to any American who served his country down through the years.]

by RidesAPaleHorse
Sources:
* RIP Bill Blackwood: Inventor, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Aviator, American

Digg!

Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.
 
coompax-digital magazine