Myspace Suicide, Lori Drew, Megan Meier: 'Megan Had It Coming' Blog Being Investigated By Local Authorities



It's been confirmed that the authorities are investigating the "Megan Had It Coming" Blog.
It’s a new twist in the story of the internet hoax that ended in a tragic teen suicide. A new investigation is being launched in connection with the October 2006 death of 13 year old Megan Meier's of Dardenne Prairie in St. Charles County.

The sheriff and the prosecutor have confirmed they're now looking into a blog site which recounts in great detail the entire Megan Meier saga. St. Charles County prosecutor, Jack Banas, is calling on the department’s "cyber" crimes investigators to find out who's behind the site; the very title of which may offend you: "Megan Had It Coming". The title is followed by the statement, "I'm Lori Drew."
DBKP has monitored the blog since its beginning. Only three posts since it began over two weeks ago. The latest claimed the author was Lori Drew.

What did Drew's attorney have to say about that?
Drew's attorney, Jim Briscoe, did not respond to Fox 2's attempts to reach him for comment on the story.

But Drew's family did; her father telling Fox 2, Drew had nothing to do with the blog; the family welcomed the investigation.

Authorities say Meier's former neighbor, Lori Drew, Drew's daughter, and Drew's 18 year old employee, concocted a MySpace web page, under the name of a make-believe 16 year old boy, who befriended Megan on-line.

Authorities say the purposed of the hoax was to find out if Megan was saying things about Drew's daughter, a former friend of Megan's. Megan's mother also welcomes the investigation into the "Megan Had It Coming" blog site.

"That would be great," said Tina Meier. "I think hopefully it would make a stand … we can post that we are anybody in this world. We can say we are anybody. We can act as anybody, and it's ok. It's just absolutely ok. You can absolutely ruin somebody's lives."

As in the case of Megan. Authorities say she hanged herself after receiving a final message from the make-believe boy; a message which said the world would be better off without her.
The blog appeared on November 18th at 1:01 PM with the first post entitled "Set The Record Straight." This was when the story of Megan Meier's suicide and the hoax behind it was first reaching most of the country.

In that first post, the person claimed to be using a fake name, that of "Kristen." "Kristen" claimed to be a former classmate of Megan's.

There have been three posts on the "Megan Had it Coming" Blog. The first on November 18, when the story was first sweeping across the country.

The first post was entitled "Set the Record Straight" and it's reproduced below.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Set the record straight

I want to set the record straight about Megan Meier. I'm calling myself Kristen because if i don't want to give out my real name.

Megan and I were sort of friends. I always saw her at school and sometimes on myspace when her mom would let her on. I need to talk about what she was like because everyone has this picture of this innocent girl who had this horrible thing done to her. That's sorta true but not totally.

Megan was a total drama queen. Yeah i know it was depression or whatev but it was hard to be her friend for very long because she would always lose it and turn into a psycho. That's why Lori Drew's daughter stopped being friends with Megan. Let's call her laura. Every other day Megan would have some crisis and you could see her freaking out down the hall or screaming at someone for stabbing her in the back or not listening to her or whatever then she would go cry to Laura unless it was her pissing her off. You couldn't say anything to megan without her taking it the wrong way.

Yeah she was kinda fat. But she made it seem like everyone was out to harpoon her or whatev. I saw her out with her mom one day at tri sports and she was being a total basket case complaining how all the sports gear made her look fat. You could tell that her mom had been putting up with her daughter for a looooooong time and kinda tuned her out. I would, too.

Oh one other thing about Megan is that she was soooooo shallow. She totally threw herself at any boy who would give her the time of day and then totally lose him for stupid reasons. She was hot for this one boy in our math class and she was trying to be a flirt but she was being totally slutty at him until sara this other girl she talked to said she didn't think he was very hot and boom! suddenly megan wasn't intrested in him anymore and called him a loser in front of everyone. It was that kind of stuff that made people not like Megan. Megan could be really mean and hurtful.

Oh and if you ever disagreed with her or didn't go in with whatever she was talking about she totally pulled this poor me thing and got all defensive. she was a total psycho and everyone knew it. And she knew that everyone knew it and she went even more crazy! Like when she talked about liking Usher and someone else called her a getto bitch and she screamed at the top of her lungs NO IM NOT!!!!! You couldn't help but laugh at her because she was soooooo nuts!!!

So yeah it's to bad Megan killed herself but it's not suprising. I mean if she didn't have enough to eat at dinner that could have set her off and made her kill herself. And killing yourself over a myspace boy? come on!!! I mean yeah your fat so you have to take what you can get but still nobody should kill themselves over it. Oh wait unless your Megan the psycho who goes crazy over every little thing and acts like it's the end of the world. Think about it Megan was "drove" to suicide because from her perspective a boy she liked suddenly asked her about her school reputation and said he wasn't into it? How crazy do you have to be?

Oh and I don't think Lori Drew is so evil as everyone says. Megan was a total bitch to everyone around her especially Laura so if I was her mom I would be mad at Megan too and I would check up on her to see what shit she was spreading about my daughter. And Megan totally talked shit about everyone, including Laura. After she told Laura off, she went around to all her friends to get everyone on her side as if it was this huge divorce or somethingcalling Laura a slut and a bitch so whatev. So yeah Laura's mom checked up on Megan to see what was up and give her a taste of her own medicine. And it's not like Laura's mom did this whole campaign like you see on the news. She was pretending to be this nice guy for six weeks and then said two mean things in one day and that was it. It's not like Megan thought some mean adult was coming after her. All she knew was that some boy who would totally make her think she's hot shit at school cuz she couldn't shut up about him she totally showed him off like a trophy so all the other girls would be jealous and then oops her awesome boy toy was fake!! She was like totally busted on that one. And she had it coming with all the shit she did.

So nobody in the news talks about what Megan the bitch was like so now you know. Oh and don't bother trying to figure out who I am. Unlike Megan, I DO have a boyfriend and he knows computers and he totally covered my tracks.

Posted by Megan Had It Coming at 1:01 PM

The next post came almost a week later on November 26 and was entitled "Who's at Fault". It included some information on bi-polar sufferers and comments which generally took a pro-Lori Drew outlook.

The second post is reproduced below:

Monday, November 26, 2007
Who's really at fault?

When the grief counselor came to our school last year and spoke to us, she said over and over again that Megan's death was the fault of nobody but Megan. No matter who was feeling guilty, or who thought they should have known something or said something or not said something or whatev. She said it was a tragedy, but something like "there's no way to predict when or why a depressed person would end her own life. In the end no one but Megan can be held responsible for Megan's suicide." She sent us to this site too: http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/bipolar/related/suicide_8.asp

My boyfriend showed this to his older brother. He's in college and really smart. He said there were some really good comments and we should repost them so people can see. So here:

BlondeHrtBreakr said...

So let me get this straight...Megan was old enough to get on MySpace, create a fake profile to attract guys, but yet she's not old enough to take a few insults in one SINGLE afternoon? Come on. If you go as far as to get online and flirt with "boys", you should be able to take a little rejection without HANGING YOURSELF. The parents who tricked her were being rude, yes, but if I were them, I would not feel guilty. You don't MAKE someone kill themselves. That is utter garbage. Megan was old enough to make her own choices. She made a CHOICE to get online and impersonate someone else....she made a CHOICE to talk to a 16 yr old boy she DID NOT KNOW....and she made a CHOICE to kill herself. All piss poor choices. You people talk as if this was a 5 or 6 year old girl who didn't know better....please. She knew what she was doing. She got fooled this time! SHE IS NOT THE VICTIM. Quit speaking about her as if she was.....So ignorant!
Good answer!

A. Addolorata said...

At 13 years old I had a blog on teenopendiary.com, somewhat similar to myspace.com. As any other 13+ year old I wrote my fair share of angst, and I had various comments, including ones that told me to kill myself, that I was worthless, etc. I've had people tell me to kill myself, and yet I'm still here. At 13, I was smart enough to simply step away from the computer. I mentioned earlier that I had made a suicide attempt, but the attempt was made due to reasons well beyond what someone said on the internet.
Smart girl you rock!

Jeff said...

Lori didn't tell Megan to hang herself. Lori didn't put the belt around her neck, didn't fasten it to the closet. The evidence is scant that it was indeed Lori who sent the message that Megan allegedly found so hurtful.

Yet, there is an internet mob which insists that despite all these facts, Lori is guilty of the murder of Megan Meier. The internet mob has repeatably harassed Lori Drew, to the point where the police have expressed concern. The internet mob has also demanded the prosecution of the author of this blog for unnamed crimes. This is bullshit, and of course I stand against it.
Jeff is one of the most level headed people here. I think you should read his comments where he debates a psycho mommy bitch (probably Tina) and hands her ass to her! Right on!

JennaD said...

This case has only been tried in the court of public opinion, mostly by people who only have the knowledge of what they have read on the internet or heard on a sensationalized TV show in order to make money.

Every story has two sides and if you don't think so - then I hope you are never tried and convicted in your own court.
This is why I tried to bring the second side to the story. But hey whatev, people don't want to hear it.

Angel said...

It's quite obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Did you even know Megan? If not, you have no opinion worth listening to
Oh really, Angel? Did any of YOU people commenting here condemning her and me even know Megan? Well, if not, none of you have an opinion worth listening to, according to Angel.

e/b/aumsworld said...

"It's disgusting how you think the true victims are to blame." -- I find it disgusting how you think she's above any blame whatsoever. Isn't suicide a cardinal sin in most religions? I bet someone's roasting in at least one of those hells right about now.
Here's another smart guy who has a good grasp on what we're saying. Way to pwn them!

Jeff said...

I find that this blog author has expressed my thoughts on this manner in a better manner than I have been able to: http://www.megansvigilantes.blogspot.com/
Jeff points out a good blog. I think you should all go read it.

e/b/aumsworld said...

would've had plenty of time if she'd, I dunno...SIGNED THE FUCK OFF LIKE HER MOTHER SAID TO! But no, she stayed online and kept bitching and whining about a bunch of meaningless tripe ON THE INTERNETS. On MySpace, no less. And now everyone's crying over what a "tragedy" this whole mess is simply because she was too lazy to get her ass OFF the computer. Jesus Christ, what a crock.
OMG INTERNETS! lolololololol

Katya said...

I can't believe how close minded you people are. If you had to deal with a psycho bitch you wouldn't think "oh I should try to get her some help" you'd think "wow this bitch treats me like shit. fuck her"

Maybe her parents should have seen that she had issues and gotten her help. Legally, they're supposed to be taking care of her.

Her friends tried and got sick of being treated like shit. It isn't their purpose in life to help. They shouldn't have to suffer just because someone else has issues.
U said it so much better than I did. That's exactly the point i wanted to make! thx!

It's sort of like that time I lost at Super Mario Kart because my friends cheated so I kicked them all out and then smashed my nintendo with a baseball bat. Only i was like 8 at the time. And I didn't blame them for what I did.

So there you go. Megan was a skank who had her myspace pwning coming and when the shallow bitch realized that her trophy bf was fake, and everyone knew it, she went WAYYYYYYY over the edge and killed herself.

No one's fault but Megan's.

Posted by Megan Had It Coming at 11:34 AM


The third post appeared on December 3 and was entitled "I'm Lori Drew". The post has drawn 2115 comments to it and is mostly an off-and-on running verbal battle between readers and the person claiming to be Drew.

Some have attributed some of the anonymous comments to the Drew-poster, also. The poster challenges the readers to come and get her, but to leave her daughter alone.

The third and final post is reproduced below.
Monday, December 3, 2007
I'm Lori Drew

It's time I dropped the charade. Yes, I made this blog. Yes, I'm Lori Drew.

My daughter had nothing to do with this. Everyone needs to leave her alone. None of you can possibly know her involvement, and none of you can possibly know what she's gone through. She's just a kid. She doesn't deserve these brutal verbal attacks. Please stop.

Now that Mr. Banas has made public the announcement that there will be no charges filed against me or my family, I feel it is time to speak out about this tragic affair. I cannot count on any media organization to fairly represent my story, as they have grossly misrepresented and sensationalized the story so far. So, I must present my case here, on the blog that has been my only outlet.

You don't understand what the last two years have been like, living in this town, dealing with these people. When we came here, the Meiers seemed like a great family with whom we could form a friendship. Tina sold us our house and our little girls became fast friends. It was typical. Sleepovers and vacations and events in the community. The girls were inseparable.

We knew Megan and we liked having her around, at first. But as the months went on, we saw a change in our daughter. She was increasingly disturbed and defensive. We thought the effects of puberty were taking hold. But, we soon realized the negative influence was Megan. Megan had her bright and perky side, but she also had her dark side. We knew that she suffered from depression, so we tried to be supportive and patient. We talked to Ron and Tina about our concerns, but they would have none of it. Their precious Megan couldn't be the problem -- and they said we should feel bad for even suggesting it of a poor, mentally ill child.

It only got worse from there. Megan found out that we had gone to her parents and she worked to drive a wedge between our daughter and us. We fought back the only way we knew how: we supported our daughter and explained to her what we thought. She agreed with us, and that's when the fallout started.

When Sarah stopped going along with Megan's antics, Megan took it especially hard and lashed out. She called my daughter every nasty name in the book, swore to never be friends again and stormed out. Then a few days later they were friends again, Megan would try to manipulate Sarah, Sarah wouldn't buy it, and Megan would become furious again. Then came the MySpace attack. Not the one you're reading about in the news, but the one that started this whole thing.

After the final break-up in their frienship, Megan coordinated a MySpace attack on my daughter. Since she didn't have access to MySpace herself, she had to work through friends. I wasn't too surprised because I knew that Megan was grounded from MySpace the previous year after she made a fake profile with a friend to go prank and bully a classmate they didn't like.

Fortunately, that prank didn't go far, and neither did her latest attempted prank on my daughter. But the damage was done to my child, and I knew what kind of child Megan was, depression or not.

Now I had nothing but sympathy for Megan's condition. But my sympathy has limits. When you come after my daughter and try to hurt her like that, my patience wears out. This troubled child was no longer able to poison my baby in person, so she decided to reach out on the Internet to do it instead. Like any parent, when you see the ill-behaved child next door causing trouble for your family, you want to wring the neck of the parents who let it happen. But, as Megan's parents made it clear earlier, they were not about to come down on their precious Megan. I had no recourse with them. And, forbidding the children from seeing each other was not effective because Megan could simply harass my daughter online.

Then, my daughter heard that Megan was lobbying her parents to get her MySpace back. I was instantly terrified. That little monster was a tremendous poison for my daughter as-is. I didn't want to think about what kind of damage she would do if she had total access to the internet. I talked the situation over with people I knew and trusted, who told me to be very afraid. Teenage bullying was rampant on MySpace, and there were very few, if any, legal options for people being harassed. Everyone's advice was: if you're harassed, your only option is to delete your profile and run. It won't stop people from saying bad things about you, but at least you won't have to see it.

I wanted to hide my daughter away from all of this, and delete her MySpace, but she begged and pleaded with me to let her stay. I know it's MySpace and it's a social hub for teens today and I didn't want my daughter to be the only one without, so I relented.

Instead, I worked with a couple of people I knew to create a profile so I could keep tabs on Megan. They helped me add pictures and graphics and music so it would look like a boy that Megan would want to talk to. We didn't totally know what we were doing with the Josh Evans persona, or where it would lead, so I kept it quiet. We did our best to shmooze Megan into opening up. I complimented her pictures and said how great she was. I very gently asked her about her school life and her friends hoping that if she was planning any attack on my daughter that we would be one step ahead of her and could take this evidence to her parents, show them what their daughter is up to so they would finally take action.

A couple of weeks went by and Megan was buying it. We were surprised at how she could be so nice to "Josh" and still have an undercurrent of negativity when she talked about school friends. We wanted to make sure she wasn't going to try anything to get back at Sarah, so we kept the account going. When Megan started talking about being in love and wanting to do boyfriend/girlfriend stuff with "Josh" I got concerned. How do we keep going for information AND figure out a way to let her down gently once we were convinced nothing was going to happen? What if we let her down, and she regressed and came after my daughter anyway? I was becoming very confused and concerned then. Megan was unpredictable and I absolutely did NOT want her harassing my child. I didn't know what to do, so I kept going. I played down her innuendo. Anytime she became explicit, "Josh" backed off and kept the compliments above board.

Then I found out that Megan's parents were actively monitoring the account! Everything that had been going on, they were witness to. This troubled me deeply: were they not concerned when their 13 year old daughter wanted to have heavy duty make out sessions with a 16 year old boy? Hello!

I had "Josh" friend other people that Megan knew all the while so that if anyone else knew of anything that was going to happen, we'd have that much more chance of staying ahead of the game. One of the girls we friended even figured out that the profile was fake. We let her in on it, and asked what she wanted. Turns out, she wasn't friendly with Megan, either, so she wanted to help. I gave her access to the account.

It wasn't long after that that we saw what was being said on other accounts: Megan was still mad at Sarah and was very quiety spreading cruel rumors. She kept it off her own MySpace because she knew that kind of stuff would get her grounded off it again. I was furious! Not only was Megan obviously not going to stop until she had her revenge, but now there was no way to get any evidence about it.

That's when I decided I would have to teach Megan a lesson and give her a taste of her own medicine.

I decided that I would shut down the Josh account, and not be nice about it. Megan's feelings be damned, and to hell with her consequence! I was going to protect my daughter no matter what. So I sent the break up e-mail to Megan saying that Josh didn't want to be friends because Megan was very cruel to her friends. Naturally, Megan freaked, and I tried to keep the messages short and sweet. As a last resort bargaining chip, I figured that if she really loved Josh then maybe he could pressure her into stopping her lies. But it didn't work, and the situation devolved lightning fast.

Megan was screaming at Josh for answers on who he had been talking to: she wanted to know who ratted her out so she could take out revenge on them, too. I shared Megan's messages with everyone involved and encouraged everyone to stand up against her and not take her crap anymore.

Instead, once the word got out about Megan, so did all her romantic replies, as well as a few secrets and the MySpace crowd ganged up on her.But I didn't realize that this group would react that way. I expected a certain amount of bullying, and I was OK with it. I wanted Megan to get a taste of what she had been dishing out this whole time. But I didn't want it to go as far as it did. It's true that the slut and fat references came out of what I shared. And by the time I was done with work on that day, the bullying against Megan had progressed pretty far. I had heard about the "better off without you" message and that's when I told everyone to cool it. Megan had been punished enough, and I was satisfied that she would think twice before bullying or manipulating anyone again. I don't know who wrote that "better off without you" message.

That night I saw the ambulance lights at the Meier house, and then I saw them take Megan out on a stretcher. I was stunned and horrified. I wasn't sure what had happened, and when they had said Megan tried to kill herself, I didn't believe it. Yes, Megan suffered from depression, but she was always laughing and smiling when we were on vacations, or at sleep overs. After the shock wore off, I panicked: what if Megan ended her life after what happened on MySpace? It seemed ridiculous. When kids were bullied, they went to their rooms and cried -- even the depressed ones. They didn't hang themselves.

I was distraught over the event, so I instructed the key people involved to stay quiet to protect themselves against any counter-bullying, and I deleted the Josh profile. I kept the truth from the Meier family because there was simply no reason to come forward. Their little girl died the next day at the hospital. Their lives were destroyed. What good would it do to inform them that their daughter's MySpace boyfriend was a fake? They wouldn't believe that their daughter was a MySpace bully and a real life manipulator when she was alive, so why add to their grief now? I stayed quiet. I went to the funeral to pay my respects to this troubled child who took herself to a tragic end. We mourned the loss of a girl who once was a good friend. We all tried to get on with our lives.

Little by little rumors of the cause of Megan's suicide spread. Of course the Josh break-up was mentioned, as was the MySpace bullying. People talked about the need to stop MySpace bullying. There were a couple of news reports, but it never went anywhere.

Until six weeks later when one of the girls involved decided to link me to the issue. When Megan's parents found out that the Josh account was me, they focused all of their rage and pain and guilt at me. Instantly, what had been a mysterious suicide with no definite answers became a personal vendetta.

Just like Megan, her parents showed their dark side and scared the holy hell out of me when they dumped our smashed foosball table on our driveway. Instantly I knew we were dealing with unbalanced people. Aggravated by their child's death and their own culture of anxiety, I very much feared for my family. I made sure to report the incident to the police so the Meiers would know that we would stand up for ourselves and that the police were watching, should they choose to do something rash.

A little bit after that, I decided to try to diffuse the situation and confront the parents. I would lay out everything I knew, all the intent, and everything I thought. If they didn't want to accept the truth about their daughter, then there was nothing else I could do. But I would at least try. Unfortunately, Tina & Ron would have none of it. They wouldn't talk to us, they wouldn't deal with us. Ron pretty much came unglued when we made one last attempt. They had nothing but raw hatred for us, and they wouldn't listen. That's when I realized it was hopeless.

The police investigation was especially frightening. We cooperated as best we could. I provided my statement, but I was not satisfied with the officer who took it. He got most of the details wrong, and he left out intricacies that I've explained here. When I tried to get the report corrected, an officer at the desk said she was familiar with our case, and flat out refused to allow us to amend our statement. That was the beginning of the backlash. That it came from a police officer truly shook us.

The investigators asked both us and the Meiers to remain quiet about the issue while they conducted their work. They warned us of small town mob violence and undue media attention. We agreed and went on with our lives. We heard almost nothing for nearly nine months. Our lives seemed to be getting back to normal, despite the family down the street that still grieved visibly and had devolved into fights and separation. I truly felt bad for them. They lost their baby, and now they were tearing themselves apart because the pain wasn't getting any better. I made sure to kiss and hug my Sarah every night and tell her how much I loved her. We actually grew closer from it.

Then the investigation was over. No charges would be filed. We were relieved. It felt like a weight had finally been lifted from us. But not so for Tina & Ron. They had focused their rage on us and blamed us for everything. I could understand their pain and their guilt, but I had had enough of their accusations. One day I did snap and told Tina to "give it a rest." Looking back, it was insensitive to say. But, you have to understand that for months we had been dealing with a family that didn't want to listen to our side of the story and only called for us to "be gone." Like I said, my sympathy has limits.

After the investigation, Tina made it clear she wasn't going to let this go. We weren't sure what to expect, but we had grown to be dismissive of her and her incoherent ranting. Then came the newspaper article, which instantly painted us as hoaxers who were out to make Megan kill herself.

You see, this is why I now have an extreme distrust for any media: they paint the story in whatever way gets the most readers. Everyone from Pokin to Andersoon Cooper has painted this story as if we set out to destroy Megan, as if her suicide was a foregone conclusion of our actions. But it's not. We didn't know Megan was going to do what she did. If we knew it was going to end like that, I wouldn't have started this whole thing. I had no intention for Megan to be so drastic. I wanted her to learn a lesson so she could be a better person. I didn't want her to die.

Then Sarah Wells outed me. Then the hate and harassment and threats poured in. Even against my daughter. First there were dozens of calls, then hundreds, then there was national news, and everyone went crazy.

That's why I started this blog and posted as "Kirsten." I was so angry at the world for being so unfair, especially when it came to my daughter whom I had sworn to protect from all of this. I took a low blow at Megan's memory because I desperately wanted the world to at least get a glimpse of the truth.

But that's all over now. The final word from authorities has come down that there will be no charges, so I don't have to remain silent. There's no point in hiding anymore. The internet has made it clear that mob revenge must prevail, even if there's no justice in it. So be it.

Here I am, internet. Come get me.

Posted by Megan Had It Coming at 8:02 AM 2116 comments

This from Fox News in St. Louis:
it’s a new twist in the story of the internet hoax that ended in a tragic teen suicide. A new investigation is being launched in connection with the October 2006 death of 13 year old Megan Meier's of Dardenne Prairie in St. Charles County.

The sheriff and the prosecutor have confirmed they're now looking into a blog site which recounts in great detail the entire Megan Meier saga. St. Charles County prosecutor, Jack Banas, is calling on the department’s "cyber" crimes investigators to find out who's behind the site; the very title of which may offend you: "Megan Had It Coming". The title is followed by the statement, "I'm Lori Drew."

Drew's attorney, Jim Briscoe, did not respond to Fox 2's attempts to reach him for comment on the story.

But Drew's family did; her father telling Fox 2, Drew had nothing to do with the blog; the family welcomed the investigation.

Authorities say Meier's former neighbor, Lori Drew, Drew's daughter, and Drew's 18 year old employee, concocted a MySpace web page, under the name of a make-believe 16 year old boy, who befriended Megan on-line.

Authorities say the purposed of the hoax was to find out if Megan was saying things about Drew's daughter, a former friend of Megan's. Megan's mother also welcomes the investigation into the "Megan Had It Coming" blog site.

"That would be great," said Tina Meier. "I think hopefully it would make a stand … we can post that we are anybody in this world. We can say we are anybody. We can act as anybody, and it's ok. It's just absolutely ok. You can absolutely ruin somebody's lives."

As in the case of Megan. Authorities say she hanged herself after receiving a final message from the make-believe boy; a message which said the world would be better off without her.

In spite of the worldwide outcry to make someone pay, the prosecutor says he was unable to file any criminal charges under current law.

"When we go outside that and use our emotions to not look at a case, and not match it up to the facts and circumstances, that's when you end up with something like the Duke lacrosse case," said Banas.

Yet now more than ever he is duty bound to try to get to the bottom of the newest anonymous on-line attack in this case; this one appearing to victimize Lori Drew as much against Drew as it is Megan Meier.

Consider the new investigation part of Megan's legacy, even if it should end up helping protect the very people her mother says targeted Megan.

"I know that Megan's here and that she's helping me," Tina Meier said. "I will definitely make sure her life was not in vain."

She hopes that means testifying on behalf of tougher laws in the Missouri Legislature and Congress, too. She hopes that leades to laws that target not only those doing the cyber bullying and hurtful messaging, but also the web-sites that give them a forum.


Questions to ask:

If the authorities started their investigation yesterday, December 4th, why is it still up?

Why are comments still being posted to the blog, "Megan Had it Coming"?

Lori Drew says it isn't her. Is it? We don't know.

Is this blog breaking any laws? Is it a crime to leave it up?

If the MySpace account created by the original hoaxers drew no charges, how can this one, which has not led to any physical harm, to be any different?

The Drews, the Meiers and the authorities all are aware of this site; it only takes a second to shut it down. The prosecutor and the police are all aware of it.

And the big question is:

Who is behind this website?

And will the police even reveal the identity of the blogger if and when they find out who it is?


We are waiting for answers like everyone else.

By MondoReb and LBG
Source - Fox News 2: Authorities investigate blog
Source - Megan Had It Coming

MySpace Suicide Library:

25 stories and videos from the place who had it first on the Internet.


Digg!

Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.
 
coompax-digital magazine