Rielle Hunter GQ Interview: 20 Rielle New Age Fables



Your Ad Here


Saturday is Rielle Hunter's 46th birthday and Hunter's recent interview with GQ gave readers a chance to peer into the mistress of John Edwards' many versions of the truth. We examine many of the statements Hunter made. Were they truthful? Let's find out.

RHforkedtongue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RIELLE!
46 YEARS OLD; HOW MANY 'TALL TALES'?


RIELLE HUNTER'S GQ INTERVIEW:
A RIELLE-ITY CHECK


A reality check is probably something that the mother of John Edwards' love child, Frances Quinn, would agree is a good thing.

John Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, has come back into the public eye.

And boy, did the public ever get an eyeful.

Hunter did double duty this week in a GQ exclusive interview, Hello America, My Name is Rielle Hunter: readers not only got a bellyful of who Rielle Hunter says she is, but also got an eyeful of a pantless Hunter frolicking about on a bed. The pix showed Rielle and her fan-blown hair using her daughter's toys, pearls and even little Frances Quinn as props--and little else.

The pearls were a nice touch for the former and current child of privilege.

The interview is a two-fer: a look at Hunter in her own words; and, another look at the pix that Hunter later told Barbara Walters "caused her to cry for two hours" after seeing them.

Gotta love a two-fer.

Previously, her nemesis, The National Enquirer, had reported that she had asked "Johnny" Edwards for almost $18,000 a month for child support.

From the look of the GQ pix, not much of that money has been spent on her clothing budget.


ALSO at DBKP
*
Rielle Hunter GQ Interview: Rielle Hunter Photos, Video

* Over 180 articles on the John Edwards Scandal from December 2007 to present: The John Edwards Love Child Scandal Library of DBKP articles
* * John Edwards Scandal: Edwards Indictment, the MSM and the National Enquirer





In honor of Rielle Hunter's birthday--the mistress turns 46 on Saturday, March 20--we've decided to take a look at her statements in the GQ interview to see if we could find 46 "Rielle Tall Tales." After all, "truthteller" Hunter is on the record with several statements--of which almost every sentence is a fairy tale.

How many versions of the Rielle truth will we find? Will we actually get to 46?

Let's find out.

HAPPY 46th BIRTHDAY, RIELLE HUNTER

[Read the entire article at DBKP: Rielle Hunter GQ Interview: The Many Versions of the Rielle Truth]

A RIELLE REALITY CHECK


1. I could have cashed out big. But that's not what I'm about.

"Could have cashed out big, but that's not what I'm about?!?" I guess garnering somewhere between $10,000/month (what Edwards originally offered her) and almost $18,000/month (what Hunter requested) in child support isn't cashing out big.

A lot of single mothers--with no other visible means of support and some rusty job skills (Hunter hasn't worked outside of her "Johnny gig" for over four years)--would consider $120,000-205,000/year "cashing out."

2. He's very supportive of me talking now. He [Johnny] believes that it's something that will help me be at peace with it. And he knows how important truth is to me. Factual truth as well as spiritual truth.

We all know how important the truth is to Rielle Hunter. Here's Hunter's statement released on October 11, 2007.

“The innuendoes and lies that have appeared on the internet and in the National Enquirer concerning John Edwards are not true, completely unfounded and ridiculous.

My video production company was hired by the Edwards camp on a 6 month contract, which we completed December 31, 2006.

When working for the Edwards camp, my conduct as well as the conduct of my entire team was completely professional.

This concocted story is just dirty politics and I want no part of it.”


The second sentence in the statement is arguably the truth--we're not sure, because Newsweek's Jonathan Darman reported in August 2008 that Hunter had told him that she was fired from the campaign by Elizabeth Edwards. That's certainly one way of "completing" a contract.

The rest is a complete fabrication.

Unless Hunter classifies the making of a sex tape (which she herself in her court documents insists was made during September 2006) starring Edwards and herself as "completely professional" conduct.


3. I met him on a street corner. [laughs] A lot has been written that I met him inside the Regency [hotel in New York City], that I walked over to his table. That is all 100 percent fiction.

Let's see, we have former Edwards' aide Josh Brumberger's account, which contradicts Hunter. As does Andrew Young's account, which he says he learned from Hunter, which contradicts Rielle's GQ version of events. Oh, and Jonathan Darman's December 2006 account of their meeting, which he presumably got from Hunter herself when the two were flying about on the campaign plane in July 2006. And Darman again in 2008. That's three (we'll only count Darman as one) right off the bat--but wait, there's more!

There's Hunter herself, from this February 2007 interview with Extra:

"He was in a business meeting in New York and I was in the same place."

Unless Edwards was holding his business meeting on the street corner--after all, Edwards did run as on a poverty platform--her latest account doesn't jive.

That makes it four-to-one against Hunter's GQ spin. So do we believe Hunter 2007's account--or Hunter's latest version? We have more sources who say "met in bar," but we don't need them here. Still, we'll let the readers decide.




4. Did you know who he [Edwards] was? I did not know who he was.

Even Lisa DePaulo, the GQ interviewer finds this a bit hard to swallow. So she tries again.

Really?
I did not. The John Edwards I saw in 2004 on TV I believed to be a disconnected, two-dimensional-geek kind of guy. And the man sitting across the room was not that at all.

Ohhhh. Rielle didn't know the "real" John Edwards. I guess that's what she was talking about.


5. Why do you think he loves you?
Um… How do I answer that? [long pause] I mean, I could give so many answers. I could give a spiritual answer, that I reflect back to him large parts of himself that were unconscious. Like, he's a huge, huge humanitarian. He is very kindhearted and sweet. He's very honest and truthful. And all of that was hidden.

The part about Edwards being honest and truthful? It was especially well-hidden. Buried, actually.

It remains hidden to this day--except whenever "Johnny" is forced by events beyond his control to admit to something else about the affair and cover-up.

One. Word. At. A. Time. Whenever. Someone. Nails. Him. On. Something.

The greatest thing about being a New Age solipsist chick is that there's so many neat ways to dress up "denial." It's almost like a game.

Playing hide-and-seek with the truth.


6. He [Edwards] is integrated. He is living a life of truth.

Translation, courtesy of the National Enquirer. Integrated = Terrified (at being indicted by a grand jury). Part of Edwards' "life of truth" was on display in January, when he admitted almost two years after Frances Quinn was born, that she was his daughter.

After repeatedly denying that he was her father.

In public.

On national TV.

Maybe Hunter is referring to his life of truth as having begun from that point 50 days ago? Or maybe she knows that Edwards is going to confess everything to the grand jury and set himself free with the truth. Maybe she's referring to his "upcoming" life of truth? Readers will have to decide this one.


7. So I called him about a half hour later. And I got a voice mail in the room, so I hung up. Did not leave a message. Because I did not know what was appropriate. I knew he was married, and I didn't know if his wife was with him, you know; I didn't know what was appropriate. And this was not—there was no sexual intention here at all.

She didn't know what was appropriate? Even though Hunter found Edwards "hot," she had no sexual intentions? So, if either Hunter or Edwards had been packing some Emily Post, a lot of heartache for a lot of various family members--as well as Edwards himself--might have been avoided?

Even though this is another answer that DiPaulo can't believe, it might be best to rest our case here.


8. So I hung up. And about ten minutes later, my cell phone rang. And I looked down, and I said to my friends, "What is this number?" One of my friends said, "That's the Regency." And I said, "He's calling me back? I didn't even leave a message. How is he calling me back?" And he, you know, star-69'ed or whatever the caller ID was. And he left me this message, "Hi. Call me. I really want to hear what you have to say."

Martin Lewis, Huffington Post [John Edwards & Rielle Hunter: The First Big Lie], is ahead of the curve on this one. Let's turn it over to him.

I just telephoned the Regency Hotel -- where according to Rielle Hunter and multiple other accounts -- John Edwards was staying the night they met and where she telephoned him.

I spoke to a very nice lady on the Front Desk. Juliet Bird. I inquired about the telephone facilities in the guest rooms. "Are the telephones at the Regency Hotel equipped with "caller ID" or "star-69" facility?"

She told me that she had never been asked that particular question before and would need to check with a supervisor familiar with the hotel's telephone system.

She checked. The answer was -- as I suspected -- no. Neither of those facilities, or anything like them, were available on the telephones in their guest rooms.


It's easy to get that 'star-69 thing' confused.

Andrew Young's version is more simplistic--but not nearly as fraught with cat-and-mouse romanticism.

Young says that Edwards gave Hunter the key card to his hotel room.


9. And I said to my friends, "I'm going over there [to Edwards' hotel room]." And it was funny, because they were like, "You cannot sleep with him! You cannot sleep with him, because you can help him!" And I said, "I am not going to sleep with him."

Two out of three people in Hunter's group almost instantly knew the real truth of what was about to transpire. Hint for those slow on the uptake: Hunter was the odd girl out.

But she was right about the part of it being "funny."


10. I used to make a joke that I could have helped save the world, but I had to sleep with him. You know? It was kind of like that.

Actually, Edwards' mistress is telling the truth here--in a roundabout way. After all, if she hadn't slept with him, he might have been president. So maybe she did save the world as well as sleep with him.

What girl can resist a two-fer?


Read the rest at DBKP: Rielle Hunter GQ Interview: The Many Versions of the Rielle Truth


by Mondo Frazier
image credits at DBKP
 
coompax-digital magazine