DBKP One Year Ago: Cowpie Bingo, Evil Dick and John Edwards

DBKP: September 8, 2007



* Picture: Cow Pie Bingo

---

The MSM VP Target-du-jour was Dick Cheney, not Sarah Palin:


*
Evil Dick Cheney Lawyer “Tells All”

US Families Sleep Safer with WashPo Watching Over the Republic

By Mondoreb

The Washington Post
is onto Dick Cheney. Their resolve never wavers. They are ever vigilant. Women and children in the United States can breathe a little easier.

In a non-story earlier this week, WashPo details how Vice President Cheney's top lawyer, David S. Addington "pushed relentlessly to expand the powers of the executive branch." Quoting liberally (no pun intended) from "The Terror Presidency", a book that otherwise would have slipped unnoticed onto the remainders table, WashPo drops the usual Left buzzwords and phrases throughout: "unusual glimpse of fierce internal dissent", "engaging in tactics that pushed legal boundaries", and "Cheney is a Nazi".

OK, so that last phrase was mine.

In the Washington Post's account, the book, by a former US Justice Department lawyer, Jack Goldsmith, relates how Addington, now Cheney's chief of staff, schemed 24/7 to overthrow the Constitution and usher in a new totalitarian US government.

There are the usual tidbits about how hiring at the Bush Justice Department was--gasp!--political. Goldsmith himself survived the harrowing experience of being asked, "Are you a Republican?"

---


We were talking about John Edwards a year ago?

* Red Planet Cartoons: John Edwards Health Care Plan



---



DBKP's pat sends his first contribution:

* Larry Craig: The Craivan



On the surface, Larry Craig and Edgar Allan Poe don't have much in common: Poe was a drunken, struggling writer, Craig is a US Senator; Poe married his 13-year-old cousin, Craig is for family values; Poe had an encounter with poet Sarah Ellen Whitman in Maryland, Craig had an encounter with an undercover cop in a public restroom.

But, PAT saw the connection.

He saw the link between the two.

So without further fanfare here is PAT's rendition of

"The Craiven."


Once upon a midflight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious newspaper of liberal lore,
While I strained, nearly crapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my bathroom floor.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my bathroom floor -
Only this, and nothing more.'


Ah, distinctly I remember it was approaching September,
And I was stuck the St. Paul Airport staring at the bathroom floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From from the Star-Tribune, some bit of truth from this liberal bore -
Before anger rattled me to my very core -
Stuck here for evermore.

And the sad uncertain rustling in the adjoining stalls
Chilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my
heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my bathroom door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my bathroom door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

...more...

---

* Video: Special Cases by Massive Attack


A look at socialized medicine, anyone?




And that was what DBKP covered one year ago today.

by Mondoreb
images: see original articles for image credits
 
coompax-digital magazine